Monday, October 12, 2009

gaming and boys book club

I have two pretty fun activities coming up at the end of October, which I was a little hesitant about doing at first. However, after getting a couple of kids to help me set up the Wii, I realized what an easy program to have running at the library. It's 1 1/2 hour long event, and all I have to do is make sure the little rug rats don't steal anything. Eventually, I would like to get one of those steal proof cabinets for the Wii and then I wouldn't have to worry about a thing. So, yeh for gaming at the library.
The other event is a boys book club, which will also turn out to be fun. I was worried that I would of have to know everything about boys books, which I don't. I hate fantasy, and mystery, and I didn't think jack Kerouac's drug induced stories would be appropriate for these boys. I'll wait until they are a least twelve. Anyways, I asked around and got some ideas about what 8-10 year old boys like, and I think I can handle it. I decided to start with the Time Warp Trio series, which packs in adventure and history, which I like very much. We are reading one book a month, and going to let the kids choose the other books.

3 comments:

Chris yo! said...

Ha! Always entertaining.
Fun post.

Anonymous said...

hey its jo
just never know were I'll find my relatives haha

christine.ambroise said...

Cool Jo!