Monday, October 12, 2009

gaming and boys book club

I have two pretty fun activities coming up at the end of October, which I was a little hesitant about doing at first. However, after getting a couple of kids to help me set up the Wii, I realized what an easy program to have running at the library. It's 1 1/2 hour long event, and all I have to do is make sure the little rug rats don't steal anything. Eventually, I would like to get one of those steal proof cabinets for the Wii and then I wouldn't have to worry about a thing. So, yeh for gaming at the library.
The other event is a boys book club, which will also turn out to be fun. I was worried that I would of have to know everything about boys books, which I don't. I hate fantasy, and mystery, and I didn't think jack Kerouac's drug induced stories would be appropriate for these boys. I'll wait until they are a least twelve. Anyways, I asked around and got some ideas about what 8-10 year old boys like, and I think I can handle it. I decided to start with the Time Warp Trio series, which packs in adventure and history, which I like very much. We are reading one book a month, and going to let the kids choose the other books.

4 comments:

Chris yo! said...

Ha! Always entertaining.
Fun post.

Anonymous said...

hey its jo
just never know were I'll find my relatives haha

christine.ambroise said...

Cool Jo!

Anonymous said...

hi, how are you? synthroid online [url=http://dotnet.org.za/members/cheap-synthroid-online.aspx]cheap synthroid[/url] http://dotnet.org.za/members/cheap-synthroid-online.aspx online